Do you ever have days where you haven't eaten that good and it's time for dinner and all you want to do is eat something extremely healthy - to compensate for your lack?
Or have you had days where you have eaten healthy and you want to continue that and end it with a BANG- a mega dose of health?
If you can relate to either one of these, this is the recipe for you.
Oh- just a heads up...I'm not posting this recipe because of it's taste. I'm not going to rave about how yummy it is. It actually has one ingredient...and let's just say- I've never heard someone promote it for it's flavor. BUT... I will tell you this- the more you eat this, the better it tastes. I have gotten really good at cooking it- and actually my mouth looks forward to it.
Here is the recipe: STEAMED KALE.
The most nutrient dense food on the PLANET! Why wouldn't you want to try to eat this dark leafy green daily? And according to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, this vegetable is actually better for you when it is lightly steamed. So I wanted to show you how I eat my KALE.
Here you go:
1. Costco sells this bag of Organic Kale that makes this recipe SUPER EASY!
2. I place as many HUGE handfuls of kale that I can fit into my steamer pot (1/3 to 1/2 of the bag). After water is bowling, I place the steamer on the pot and cover.
3. I steam for approx. 6 minutes...but check the kale before I take it off the stove. The color needs to be vibrant green and the leaf needs to be limp, but not overcooked. The sure test is the taste, the bitterness is gone and the flavor is edible. It might take a couple times to master this, but once you get it...the Kale tastes pretty good.
4. Once the kale is to my liking, I immediately remove the steamer from my pot and run cold water over my kale. This stops it from cooking. You don't want to overcook this vegetable.
5. After I run cold water through it, I begin to squeeze it with my hands until all the water is drained. You will have a nice sized ball of dark leafy greens and TA DA...you are done. I place this in a bowl and actually eat it with my hands. Believe it or not, but my girls will come up and eat it with me. My boy on the other hand won't touch the stuff when I cook it this way. We will keep trying :)
And there you have it...steamed kale. Not the best tasting recipe, but one that I couldn't live without.
So how do you eat your kale?
Let us know on Facebook- we would love to hear from you!
LIFE IS GOOD!