Did you know that roughly 70 percent of an adult's body is made up of water? Did you know at birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant's body weight?
I have been thinking a lot about water...and how I use water on a daily basis. Because are bodies are mostly water...don't you think this element is extremely important in our daily lives?
How many cups of water do you drink a day? Are you drinking enough?
Other way I use the benefits of WATER is by taking a hot bath- a bath hot enough that I begin to sweat. To read more about the benefits of "sweating" check out maintenance mommies blog here. This is an amazing blog- it is a must read :)
Here are some cool facts I found about Water: (found at www.allaboutwater.org)
- A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
- Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Much more fresh water is stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter. The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adquate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
LIFE IS GOOD!