This recipe was directly inspired by the Lettuce Wraps from the Cheesecake Factory, only in this I used Tofu instead of chicken
1 block of firm tofu, sliced
1/4 cup of shoyu (or soy sauce)
juice of 1 lime
a pinch of rep chili flakes
1 clove of garlic minced
I let this marinate for about 30 minutes before frying/steaming in a little water for about 8 minutes
For the cucumber, I found this recipe on restaurantrecipesbook.com
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumber – seeded (I actually used 2 cucumbers)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small pan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring until it boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Peel the cucumber and cut lengthwise into quarters and again crosswise into 1/8″ slices.
- Place in a serving bowl and pour marinade over cucumbers, stirring to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
As well as this dipping sauce:
Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 tsp garlic – minced
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, hot water, sugar, lime juice, garlic and chili paste in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
The green sauce on the tofu that you can see in the picture above is the delicious honey cashew sauce found here.
For the lettuce wraps I used:
Lettuce (any kind) soaked in cold water for an hour (for maximum crispness)
2 sauces: Sweet chili and Honey cilantro cashew